Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Brussels and Bruge

Sorry it has taken me so long to write. I got back from Belgium and then I have just been exhausted and busy (plus our Pensione has horrible internet).

Going to Belgium I had no idea what to expect. Plus traveling with 15 other people is so hard to coordinate to keep everyone happy and together. Yet, I have to admit everything went as smooth as could be expected except for some unexpected traveling bumps (organizing taxis when the metro was closed, taking a later train when the other was full, paying for connecting buses).
Once we got to Brussels we were exhausted and couldnt wait to eat, get a good beer and then go to bed. This was our first experience with the famous Cherry beer and Begium French Fries both which were amazing.
The next day we were off to Bruge which is a quaint, amazing, friendly town. I want to live their for a year so bad. Its basically an adult fairy land. If you want to see it watch the movie "In Brugges." We ate our share off waffles, drank cherry beer, explored endless chocolate shops and enjoyed every minute. Our favorite part was just wandering around the city to see all of the squares, shops and canals.
Then we went back to Brussels the next day to see more of that city but is beautiful as well just not as mystical.
I am back now and completely exhausted but I have tons of great memories. This weekend I am staying in Florence and may made a day trip or two who knows. Ill let you know!

BTW I also went to the best pizza place in Florence (as said by the Italian teachers) and we definitily agree it was to die for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment