Monday, January 31, 2011

INTERLAKEN!

I went skiing in the SWISS ALPS!!!! Coolest thing I have ever experienced. We got up at the crack of dawn after an 8 hour drive to Interlaken to go skiing. We rented gear, got on a bus, transferred to a train and then to another train to get up the mountain. All we could basically say was WOW! We were completely surrounded by white mountains and blue sky. I will post pictures on my fb but honestly no pictures or words can describe it. We had an amazing day of skiing. We feel like we barely touched the mountain it was so big,. and I was so tempted to go back on Saturday. We found some amazing powder and it even seemed like we had most of the mountain to ourselves. I doubt I will have another opportuinity like this ever again.

That night we came back for night sledding and fondue with the school. When I say night sledding I mean sledding in the pitch black dark with only white snow and shadows to guide your way...basically avoid dark patches they are cliffs. It was a blast, we all had green glow sticks on our backs so basically we just followed the green mobs in front and tried not to crash into each other but it happened all the time. And if you are picturing a bunny slope this was not the case. We sledded down a long trail down the mountain for about an hour...longest sled ride ever. Then we came back for a traditional Swiss meal with Fondue!!!

On Saturday we got up to take the bus to Bern, the capital of Switzerland. We had a bit of a tour to learn about some of the cool buildings, churches and neighborshoods and then we were off on our own to explore. Of course we had to venture into the Starbucks...Switzerland is the most expensive place evern 7 Franks for a coffee=about 7 dollars. We also went through a market and a bunch of people bought Swiss army knives and of course we had to get Swiss chocolate.

So now I am back after 8 hours again of driving. It was a blast but I am tired. There is the update for now...time for class!

No comments:

Post a Comment