Monday, January 3, 2011

Finally here!

SO today/yesterday was the longest day of flights and complete chaos. We had our flight delayed in SanFran because of fog and as a result had to get all new flights later into Florence. Then our flight into Frankfurt from Sanfran was delayed more, leading to us missing our second connection to Florence. So finally after an extra ten hours of waiting and delays we arrived in Florence.
I am living in Hotel Colorado which is amazing and only one block from the Gonzaga campus. We had dinner right when we arrived which first consisted of a course of pesto past (which is way better than pasta in the US which is amazing so we ate up). BUT, without our knowledge as they cleared our plates we then had a second course arrive...geeze I'm going to be fat. Yet after my new roommate and our friend Matt decided to go wonder blindly around Florence. (BTW I LOVE my roommate so far). We went to the Duomo which is HUGE and amazing and to the river-PonteVecchio (excuse my spelling I'm still new) and discovered many more cool buildings. I can't wait to do this more.
Then most of the people living in my Pensione decided too go get drinks which was a blast and great for us all to get to know each other and I can tell I'm going to have some amazing friends. Mattea (my roommate) and I decided the quote for the night is "is she wearing my glasses?" when all of the sudden one of or Pensione-mates was wearing Matteas glasses like no big deal when we looked over. We went to 2 bars and had a blast so far.
Tomorrow is orientation so we will learn more, but so far Florence is already great.

No comments:

Post a Comment