Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Rome"ing in Rome

So my internest gave out with shows how bad it is in our pensione and I lost my hour long post I created. Im not to happy. so now unfortunetly this is going to be shorter because I am hungry.

Ok ya I know I am really corny with my title but I love it. So I just got back to Florence from Rome and the one thing I can say right now is that my feet HURT! I think I probably walked 10 miles a day.

Right when we arrived we walked to get gelato right away at a place by the Pantheon which had 100 flavors.(Like Baskin and Robbins but way better). It was soooo hectic this day because it was the Equinox celebration. We explored the square and some other areas and then had a night walking tour and then went to a fancy dinner as a group and out to a bar after.

The next day we went to the Collosseum in a big group and then walked 45 minutes to lunch in a much smaller groups becuase we decided we wanted to see more of the city rather than taking the underground. After that we went to the Villa Borghese museum and walked 45 min back to the hotel on the other side of Rome.

Day 3 was the Vatican. We got a guided tour through the Vatican museum, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peters. I had forgotten how massive St. Peters is! The Statue of Liberty could fit in the dome and the letters near the ceiling are 4 feet tall...people loved to joke that I could fit in the O. After this we got pizza at a local place the Romans love that our tour guide told us about which was delicious. Then it was time for some shopping at the half price January sales, but we got lost and sended up at the Spanish Steps and wandered some more around Rome before another meal of about 4 courses and constant food added to our plates and stomachs.

The last day(today) we got up early and went to St. Peters square to see the POPE! and he blasses us so we left feeling very holy. We wandered some more after and then loaded the buses to come home to Florence.

Tomorrow school starts and then next weekend is Belgium!

No comments:

Post a Comment