Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Long Time

I know it has been a long time since I last posted and I am SORRY!!!! Our internet is horrible in our pensione so now I am here attempting to write in the 10 min before class today. This past weekend we stayed in Florence to recouperate from our nonstop crazy exhausting expensive Belgium trip. On Thursday evening I went with a group of friends up to Fiesole which is a small town in the hills that overlooks Florence. The very was beautiful and since we went at dusk we were lucky enough to see the sun set over Florence. Our plan was to stay up there and hike but after about an hour we all got too cold to stay much longer (there was a chance of show showers in Florence which is very rare).
The next morning I went with another group of friends by train to another small town called Lucca. Lucca has a wall built around the entired thing and up on top of the wall you can go around the entire city. This path is full of walkers, runners and bikers. It was fun to wander the city and see some beautiful churches, but then again some of us girls could not stay warm and we all ended up ducking into shops to try and regain feeling in our fingers so we headed home. Saturday we relaxed and hit up the end of the famous January Sales. I bought a few small things but most of the fun is just wondering within the marketplace and down the small streets to see what we can find.
Of course the true excitement came when I experienced my first discoteca in Italy that night called Space which we at Gonzaga like to call ESPACE because it makes it sound so much cooler when things are not in english. This club is 3 stories and fun of old time American music which makes it fun. Of course you have to be careful of the creepy Italians that eye girls like hawks so we were lucky to have a good group of guys with us. It was definetly fun to expeience European night life.
I am sure I am missing a bunch of details that I want to let you know about. I am going to the Uffici tomorrow for a tour with my class and plan on staying much later to see the whole thing and then this weekend we are off to Interlocken. I am trying to decide whether I am going to go skiing, paragliding...who knows should be fun though.
Well I hope all is well at home and I miss everyone! ( Mom I appoligize for any typos I wrote this really quick)

No comments:

Post a Comment